Eureka 3.05 - dragging column widths

You cannot post here, but its included for searching historical issues

Moderators: aemulor, admin

Robin

Post by Robin » Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:03 am

If SA is selected as the processor type then any attempt to drag the column width causes the Iyonix to freeze requiring a reset to recover. Selecting ARM 610 works OK.

Apart from this, the speed up to Eureka in Aemulor 2.21 using the SA engine is most welcome. Keep up the good work.

Robin

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:12 pm

So it does... :cry: thanks for reporting that.

I'll let you know when I've worked out what's happening; I know resizing worked with the ARM610, but obviously haven't tried that with the SA engine... so many apps, so many tests... :(

The speed up definitely makes Eureka a lot more usable (unless you want to resize columns! :x )... there should be more improvements on the way with Pro.

Adrian

Tony Still

Post by Tony Still » Wed Aug 20, 2003 8:32 pm

Eureka is so much better now we can use the SA engine under 2.2.

But I just tripped over the column resize freeze too - bummer! I presume that there's no diagnostic info we can collect to help investigate - it seems to be a totally repeatable fault.

Window update is much better than 2.1; I think it's probably quicker than my SA RPC and the Iyonix has bigger windows in more colours. There's an interesting contrast in speeds though: Window updates are faster than RPC but recalculation of a complex sheet is a lot slower than the RPC - presumably because it's 100% emulation and no use of RO5 in native 32-bit.

S'good though - thanks for doing the App Patcher stuff and getting Eureka going under SA.

Tony

Tony Still

More on Column Widths

Post by Tony Still » Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:04 pm

At the risk of stating the obvious, you can still adjust column widths from the menu (nothing like as intuitive though).

Tony

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:17 pm

I have (eventually) tracked down and fixed this problem; it'll be fixed in the next version, 2.30, of both Aemulor and Aemulor Pro.

"Coming soon..." :wink:

tonystill

Post by tonystill » Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:05 pm

Great news on the dragging problem. To complete my Eureka emulation experience ( :roll: ), are the funny coloured scroll bars etc also fixed? Please?

Tony

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:12 am

Not yet...I admit I still don't know what causes them exactly. It's not Aemulor AFAIK; the nice purple tinge appeared with the introduction of new toolsprites (I think) with RO5.02 IIRC.

It hasn't really been a priority, but if I get bored, I may try to work out why! :wink:

Adrian

Robin

Post by Robin » Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:52 pm

Great news Adrian, Thanks for all your hard work.

Robin