Publisher, CCShared & AWViewer

You cannot post here, but its included for searching historical issues

Moderators: aemulor, admin

eddie

Publisher, CCShared & AWViewer

Post by eddie » Fri Aug 22, 2003 12:10 pm

For some time I have been having difficulty reading Impression docs with Artworks files, and sprites embedded. However, as my Iyonix has been crashing a lot I have not really persued the problem. Now that Aemulor v221 is available and my Iyonix is just back from hospital I thought I would try again.
After some comments by Adrian about AWRender I loaded Publisher from scratch using the floppy discs. Once I had dragged !Installer to Aemulor, Publisher loaded with no problems whatsoever.
Now I have a copy of an 'old' !CCShared in !System and of course a copy of Martins' AWViewer in !Boot.Resources. (I'm using AW2).
Is there likely to be any conflicts with the modules therein? Is there a better place for !CCShared or can any of the modules in CCShared be updated whilst still letting me see the embedded Artworks files?

Thanks.

Eddie

wuerthne

Re: Publisher, CCShared & AWViewer

Post by wuerthne » Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:19 pm

eddie wrote:Now I have a copy of an 'old' !CCShared in !System and of course a copy of Martins' AWViewer in !Boot.Resources. (I'm using AW2).
Is there likely to be any conflicts with the modules therein? Is there a better place for !CCShared or can any of the modules in CCShared be updated whilst still letting me see the embedded Artworks files?
This may be a rather late reply, but yes, by all means, you need to replace the modules in CCShared by the with later versions in the latest AWViewer, otherwise you will find that ArtWorks (AND Drawfile) rendering is *emulated* instead of running natively, so you are missing a huge speed-up.

Martin