Aemulor and module tasks

You cannot post here, but its included for searching historical issues

Moderators: aemulor, admin

wuerthne

Aemulor and module tasks

Post by wuerthne » Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:25 pm

Two of my users had problems running my new Gimp-Print printer driver software on the Iyonix. The problem was that one of my modules would not start up as a Wimp task. It nearly drove me mad. In the end, I arrived at the conclusion that some other piece of software stops it from running. One of the users suggested Aemulor, and indeed this was the problem.

Aemulor 2.20 stops my PDumperGP module from being run. NB. RUN not LOADED. The module is marked 32-bit compatible, and if I RMRun it without Aemulor loaded, it starts up as a Task fine. However, when I RMRun it with Aemulor 2.20 loaded, only its initialisation entry is called, NOT its Start entry.

Needless to say that if this behaviour of Aemulor applies to all modules, this can have some rather funny side-effects on some software...

Adrian, I tried sending this to your personal e-mail including the module, but the address bounced, so if you contact me, I will send you the module so you can try it yourself.

Martin

wuerthne

Post by wuerthne » Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:35 pm

OK, just found that Aemulor 2.21 cures this problem, so I will advise my users to upgrade to that.

Martin

admin
Site Admin

Re: Aemulor and module tasks

Post by admin » Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:39 pm

wuerthne wrote:Adrian, I tried sending this to your personal e-mail including the module, but the address bounced
My old CompuServe account has been closed, please use adrian@aemulor.com