Replying to a post

You cannot post here, but its included for searching historical issues

Moderators: aemulor, admin

David1

Replying to a post

Post by David1 » Thu May 27, 2004 10:40 pm

How do I reply to a post properly in these forums? I log in, read a message, write a reply using my Username, submit the message and it says Username already exists. If I leave the Username blank the message appears from Guest.

Thanks for the help.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri May 28, 2004 4:11 am

You shouldn't need to enter your username. Having logged in, and viewed the original message, just click on the 'Post reply' button. The only potential pitfalls I'm aware of are:

* using Browse, clicking that button takes you to a garbled URL (it inserts & amp ; in the URL icon instead of just & ) which I think is a bug in Browse. By editing the URL and reloading the page it will work.
* NetSurf caches pages that you've already fetched. If you view a page, then login and return to that page it will display the pre-login page again, which sometimes causes problems/confusion. If you restart NetSurf you'll see the new (correct) page. Perhaps there's a way to do this without restarting the program, eg. a way to disable the cache, that I don't know about?

With a more fully developed browser such as IE or the various Linux ones you shouldn't have a problem.
Which browser are you using?

Returning to Squirrel, I'm interested to find out why it doesn't work with the SA engine. If you're willing to email me the app to look at my address is
adrian
@
aemulor
com
(I don't want this address harvested!)

The hacked, albeit German version (though I doubt that's relevant!) that I've tried does work with the SA engine.

Adrian