Report compatibility issues running 26-bit applications under the Aemulor Pro

Moderators: aemulor, admin

Post by monkeyson » Fri May 28, 2004 11:50 pm

Any chance of getting Diggers to run? I've got the original Millenium version, without the Uffencamp patches.

The problem seems to be the sound/music. I just get a black screen when running Diggers with the intro enabled. If I comment out the Intro executable from the run file and go straight to the main runimage, I get the millenium logo appearing as expected, but once that fades away the screen remains black and nothing happens.

I remember when playing this on the A3010 that there was music when the intro started and also after the millenium logo (when the menu sequence began). Any chance of fudging things to work or a patch?

I've tried running with all combinations of processor and vidc emulations.

Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:32 pm

I have a positively ancient demo of Diggers which suffers from a corrupted screen image running under Pro. It uses a custom screen mode which is incompatible with the way Pro itself provides new screen modes. (Needs a bit more thought/low-level trickery on my part)

Your description of a blank screen doesn't exactly tally with what I'm seeing but let's assume for now that it's basically the same problem...I'll let you know if/when I get the demo copy running.