Geminus 1.31 is now available for download. This fixes some of the issues seen with the first release of the JPEG acceleration and rotation code, and a couple of other bug fixes.
- Attempted change to memory usage so that redraw cacheing provides some benefit on large screens (2048 x 1536) on 32MB cards. I am unable to test this properly due to a lack of suitable hardware so YMMV.
- Modified GemConfig to automatically replace the loaded Geminus module if GemConfig contains a newer version.
- Included a simple installation script to put the Geminus module and GemConfig appplication in the recommended locations in the boot sequence.
- Geminus was rejecting extremely small (eg. 8x8) JPEGs and thus stopping JCut from rendering anything.
- At certain rotation angles, especially 90 degrees clockwise, an oversight in the code caused a dramatic slowdown in the rendering. In the process of fixing this, the transformed plotting has also been speed up slightly.
- Correctly prevents changing into modes that are too large for the configured surface size (only observed with very large desktops in practice).
1.31 is available as a free upgrade via the website.
News of new versions, new software and new hosting services
1 post • Page 1 of 1