Freedom!

Informal forum to keep you all informed on development progress

Moderators: aemulor, admin

admin
Site Admin

Freedom!

Post by admin » Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:23 pm

Yippppeeeee!

I must inform you that with effect from Friday 18th July I shall be returning to full-time work on Aemulor......coz I've quit my proper job! :-) :-) :-)

First order of the day will, of course, be 2.20..... I've got four or five minor issues left to track down & fix, just to pick up a couple more 26-bit apps. Then on with Pro.... I've stored up so many ideas in my head over the last 2 months & it's been very frustrating not having enough time to put them into practice.

So, thanks to you all for supporting Aemulor; it's great that I can return to programming full-time on the platform I love. RISC OS forever! :D

And I've got a project list that's rivalling the Aemulor source code in length, so watch this space.

Adrian

PS. DeskEdit works under Aemulor now, if anybody else is waiting for that.... and I'll get that compatibility database updated when 2.20 is released, because it's seriously out of date now!

PPS. For the curious, Aemulor's source code is currently 34,000 lines,
of which 20,000 are ARM/XScale assembler & the rest is C.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Jul 19, 2003 12:06 am

I forgot to add that the really sad thing is that if you disassemble just 128 bytes (32 instructions) of the Aemulor module, the chances are very good that I can tell you exactly which part of the module you're looking at, and point you at the exact line in the source code!

Not for nothing did I have the nickname 'Neo' at my last programming job! ;-)

Adrian

aemulor
Site Admin

Post by aemulor » Sun Jul 20, 2003 10:50 pm

adrianl wrote:if you disassemble just 128 bytes (32 instructions) of the Aemulor module
..not that we'd encourage you to be disassembling our code or anything! :wink:

Cheers,

/Neil/
Aemulor - the 26 bit ARM emulator for XScale

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:04 am

..not that we'd encourage you to be disassembling our code or anything!
Awwww, c'mon, RISC OS woudn't be RISC OS without its *MemoryI command.

BTW, if anybody can disassemble & understand our code... please give me a shout! ;-)

Adrian