UI feedback?

Informal forum to keep you all informed on development progress

Moderators: aemulor, admin

admin
Site Admin

UI feedback?

Post by admin » Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:44 am

I had thought that it would be nice to have Aemulor running transparently without any obvious presence on the icon bar - ie. when everything's setup, you could just use your 26-bit apps as if they'd already been converted, by double-clicking on them?!

Well, that's what I was aiming for... but it seems that a few people have complained about having installed the Aemulor module in PreDesk and then noted the absence of the UI when starting up the machine(*)....well, that was - kind of - my point.... and, whilst Aemulor is running ( & transparently running 26-bit code) you can always click on Apps (bottom left) and then double-click !Aemulor to start the UI.

Anyway, to my question ..... should I change Aemulor to always display its icon on the icon bar....or, conversely, are there people out there who actually want to run Aemulor without its UI?

Note that any such change won't make it into 2.20 - I'm just responding to a few emails and thinking of the future....

Adrian

* if that's happened to you, start the machine, click on Apps (bottom left), double-click on !Aemulor in the window that appears... then click on the TaskManager's 'blue jellybean' icon - bottom right - using the middle (Menu) button, then choose Desktop settings -> OK...if memory serves...to save the new desktop settings, including the Aemulor UI so that it starts automatically.

ianhamilton

Post by ianhamilton » Fri Jul 25, 2003 7:29 am

I hardly ever use the interface. Make the icon a configure option. If there isn't a saved config file then display the icon otherwise following the chosen setting.

Ian

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:10 am

Good idea... thanks.

Saves people from messing about with Desktop boot files & is simple, both to understand and implement.

Adrian

<fx: kicks himself for not thinking of it>.... always the sign of a good idea. Cheers!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:12 pm

It's made it into 2.20 anyway in the end.... didn't take much extra work and - I hope(!) - shouldn't break anything.

Thanks again for the suggestion,

Adrian