Pro Beta

Informal forum to keep you all informed on development progress

Moderators: aemulor, admin

admin
Site Admin

Pro Beta

Post by admin » Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:04 am

You'll see from the fact that Neil's unlocked the Pro beta forum, that I've finally unleashed the beta release of Pro to go rampaging through the games collections of our testers.

If you didn't get the email that Neil sent to all beta testers but you did ask to help with testing then please get it touch,

Adrian

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun May 02, 2004 2:39 am

An updated beta version will be available later today/tomorrow going by the number 2.29e, which includes changes made based upon feedback from you, our testers.

This version will become the first release of Aemulor Pro unless anyone finds any major problems over the next few days, so if you're helping with our beta testing, please visit the site again to download the updated version.

And thanks again for your help,

Adrian

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu May 06, 2004 4:30 am

OK, time's up beta testers!

I've frozen the code and it's travelling the wires to the site for release. You can, of course, continue to report any problems! ;)

In the meantime, I've made a few small tweaks since the 2nd Pro beta version as follows:

* added emulation of OS_Memory 9 so that Heretic (and I hope Hexen) will now work.

* fixed a bug in the 26-bit scheduler support, allowing DarkWood to run but there's still no music :(

* added memory from &1F02000 to &1FFFFFF, allowing FireBallX to run (required Unprotect which removes USR-write protection from system workspace &4000-&7FFF)

* sorted out the 'Info dialogue lockup' with CDROMFS, which is now believed to work perfectly.

Other than that, the release version fixes a couple of bugs that you've reported between you. So, thanks again for all your feedback and I hope you've enjoyed playing your old games as much as I have! ;)

Adrian

PS. Spheres of Chaos is dangerously addictive; Mr Hamilton is in deep trouble for telling me there was a problem with it (now fixed)! :D