geminus oddity

Support for the Geminus graphics products

Moderators: aemulor, admin

Charles Hope

geminus oddity

Post by Charles Hope » Sun May 22, 2005 10:49 am

Trying to run Geminus, purchased at Wakefield. On clicking on a Geminus mode the picture becomes highly compressed in the H plane. Only when I subsequently click on the "normal" mode select does the picture become right.

aemulor
Site Admin

Pixel ratios

Post by aemulor » Mon May 23, 2005 2:14 pm

Try changing the EX value from 2 to 1 in the Mode selection window (menu over Geminus icon)

This should then use the correct pixel aspect.

Im not yet sure why its using 2 by default....

Cheers,

-Neil
Aemulor - the 26 bit ARM emulator for XScale

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue May 24, 2005 12:37 am

Could you please tell me the number of monitors, their rotations, and the resolution you're trying to use on each monitor?

Since the Geminus UI doesn't yet allow you to change the EX/EY values that it uses, you will need to load the file !Boot.Choices.Geminus.Modes into a text editor, then find the appropriate mode definition and change the 'xeig' value from 2 to 1 to fix this for now. Geminus will pick up the change the next time it's started, or you can issue the following *command at the F12/TaskWindow CLI:

*GeminusLoadModes $.!boot.Choices.Geminus.Modes

Hope this helps,

Adrian

andymarks

Post by andymarks » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:50 pm

Hi,

Has this been fixed at all? I've just downloaded the Geminus demo and when I tried the screen rotation, I too got the EX2 issue mentioned above.

I'm using Geminus via a single Sharp LL-173B monitor (using the Sharp LL-171 mdf), at 1024x1280, although it dod the same thing using the 768x1024 mdf too.

Andy

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:15 pm

I can't seem to recreate this :cry:

Can you tell me exactly what steps you took in creating that mode and then switching to that mode please? Particularly whether you're using GemConfig's "Try" button, the DisplayManager's monitor icon or Geminus's Modes window (Select click on the icon bar icon) to change into the mode.

You can fix your mode by manually editing the file !Boot.Choices.Geminus.Modes whilst Geminus isn't running (change the xeig: or yeig: values) as noted earlier in this thread.

andymarks

Post by andymarks » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:34 pm

I installed into the root of my HD, ran from there, and then selected the mode from the Modes selection section having chosen the LL-172A monitor from the list. Nothing out of the ordinary!

The fix works, yes.

HOWEVER, I now notice that my RiScript 5 icons are all blanked out (and become pure white) by Geminus, when it is running.

If I stop Geminus running at startup, they're back to normal, and if I switch Geminus off (adjust click on the Icon, which on mine makes the icon transparent - it has briefly had a thick red cross through it from time to time), the application in a directory returns to normal, but on the iconbar is still blanked out white.

I have tried running RiScript, and then running Geminus, which ahs exactly the same effect! Any ideas?

Andy

andymarks

Post by andymarks » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:49 pm

Sorry, forgot to say - the TRY button had exactly the same effect. To begin with, I ran without the TRY button (I didn't see it, honest!) and just switched straight into the portrait mode, but even when I did use the TRY button, it had the same effect.