Geminus naming suggestion

Support for the Geminus graphics products

Moderators: aemulor, admin

simon_smith

Geminus naming suggestion

Post by simon_smith » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:47 pm

From my own experience, and also judging from recent posts to the c.s.a newsgroups, the fact that Geminus is essentially several related products under a single name that can be bought in any combination is not readily apparent. I know I downloaded the wrong version of the demo to start with because I overlooked the part of the web page which allows you to turn on or off the features you're interested in trying.

It might help if you named the product slightly differently - GeminusA, GeminusB, GeminusC, GeminusD, and then GeminusABCD (and other permutations) for the various possibilities. That might help make it plainer that it's really several products under a single name. May I also suggest you just offer a single version of the demo that provides all features by default??

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:04 pm

I understand your point, but there would be too many names and it would end up more confusing. For example, the R/B colour swap feature hasn't been released yet, and there may be others.

It was, however, always intended that the Demo version should offer all features. When features were implemented in the server, this wish seems to have been neglected. Now that we have more features, it'd be worth implementing it to, hopefully, simplify things. Thanks.