lanman98 1.21

You cannot post here, but its included for searching historical issues

Moderators: aemulor, admin

dansguardian

lanman98 1.21

Post by dansguardian » Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:02 am

Is it possible to get lanman98 1.21 to work? It can load and log in to a samba server but clicking on the icon gives the error "filing system lanman98: not present".

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Mar 27, 2003 2:38 am

26-bit filing systems are not supported by Aemulor at present - in order for them to work the OS has to invoke Aemulor whenever the filing system is used (by either 26- or 32-bit code).... so technically it's quite difficult, but it /is/ doable and it will be done, in due course.

We're still deciding whether this will make it into Aemulor, or just Aemulor Pro.... depends upon how much work is required.

Adrian

dansguardian

Post by dansguardian » Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:10 am

Is there any news on this subject or even an ETA when this will be possible?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:11 pm

I think the plan of action is to get sound working, then filing systems (hence LanMan98FS) and then < 256-colour screen modes so that Sibelius runs (hopefully!)

Neil may like to disagree about the order, but it's because I think the first 2 will be quite easy/quick to implement now (after all the work that's been done on Aemulor to date), whereas the screen mode support could prove more difficult, at least to get good performance.

ETA? - ermm, is there much point?! I'm not sure that any of my estimates are reliable predictors of when I'll actually manage to finish things anyway! ;-)

How about if I promise to let you test a demo release as soon as we've got working FS support?

Adrian

dansguardian

Post by dansguardian » Tue Aug 05, 2003 11:50 pm

I would certainly be interested in testing anything related to lanman98.