Impression Publisher files with graphics

You cannot post here, but its included for searching historical issues

Moderators: aemulor, admin

Impression Publisher files with graphics

Post by bengershon » Sun Jun 01, 2003 8:59 pm

I cannot get Impression Publisher files with graphics in them to load properly - the whole app freezes, but may at least be killed by alt-break. If no part of the page has yet been seen, it is possible to set the option to hide graphics, and then the file will display OK (but without graphics).

The files I am interested in loading are the Arttworks manuals, as supplied with Artworks 2.

Could there be a problem in that I have the new 32 bit versions of the various GDraw etc modules loaded?

Any ideas?

Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:21 am

This is what I'd expect if the 26-bit ArtworksRenderer module isn't being loaded for some reason (I assume that we are talking about just ArtWorks graphics here - sprites & drawfiles are okay?)

Aemulor currently doesn't allow 26-bit apps like Impression to use the 32-bit version of ArtworksRenderer, and should therefore hide it from 26-bit apps. At least that's what it does here!

My guess would be that when Publisher tries to display an ArtWorks file - and I mean when that graphic becomes visible as you scroll through the document - that it's loading the 32-bit version of ArtworksRenderer and not the 26-bit version, for some reason. Since I don't yet know the details of how Impression loads its modules, I don't know why this should be the case.

Assuming you have a 26-bit version of ArtworksRenderer (the module file's called AWRender) you can load this manually by dragging it onto Aemulor before you run Publisher, to see whether this fixes this problem.

32-bit GDraw and DitherExtend should work fine with 26-bit apps, though
you may be using a later version than the ones that I've tested.

Let me know what you discover, and we'll go from there...

Post by bengershon » Mon Jun 02, 2003 6:01 am

Problem solved.

Many thanks!