Page 1 of 1

Date for new version of Geminus for RO 5.12?

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:33 pm
by John Chetwynd
I would like to fit one of the new video cards that 5.12 supports, so that I can rid myself of no video card start ups from cold and pyjamas.

When I purchased Geminus at the Guildford show, I was informed that Geminus does not support the new cards, but would do.

Is there any indication when this is likely to be?

Geminus update for RO 5.12 and FX5200 graphics cards

Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:43 pm
by BrianJaggies
I would be interested in an answer to this as well. It was only after installing my new graphics card this afternoon that I remembered postings to the Iyonix mailing list about problems with Geminus, so I uninstalled it and now the Iyonix works well enough, but the graphics redraw is noticeably slower without Geminus.
You don't realise how well Geminus works until you have to do without it...
;)

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:06 am
by admin
I'll try to wrap up the free update for later NV card support over Xmas, whilst I (at least officially) have some time away from the project that's now paying the bills. Since that has a somewhat ludicrous deadline in early January itself, don't take this as a promise :-/

Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:19 pm
by BrianJaggies
adrianl wrote:I'll try to wrap up the free update for later NV card support over Xmas, whilst I (at least officially) have some time away from the project that's now paying the bills. Since that has a somewhat ludicrous deadline in early January itself, don't take this as a promise :-/
Any progress to report on this?

Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:26 pm
by druck
Bump

Please can we have some word on this.

I specifically upgraded ny original Iyonix graphics card because it didn't have enough memory for Geminus accelaration to have any noticable effect on my usual 2048x1536x32bpp desktop. Unfortunately my nice new card with heaps of memory does not work at all with Geminus.

I'd like to get some use out of version I bought, and I'll be willing to upgrade to the JPEG version if it does, so there is money in this for you.

Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:35 pm
by dpt
Still waiting.

Paid about 70 quid for this piece of software and have had about two weeks' use of it.