Aemulor to Aemulor upgrade path?

Place for general questions about Aemulor not directly related to compatiblity.

Moderators: aemulor, admin

peterb

Aemulor to Aemulor upgrade path?

Post by peterb » Thu Dec 12, 2002 7:12 pm

If one wishes to purchase Aemulor Pro, does that mean that we will have to wait longer until we can obtain any Aemulor facilities, or will Aemulor Pro purchasers receive a standard Aemulor in the meantime? Or will there be a 'no penalty' upgrade from Aemulor to Aemulor Pro?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Dec 13, 2002 7:53 am

There will be an upgrade offered from Aemulor Lite (the first released version) to Aemulor Pro which will be available later. The cost of the upgrade will not be more than the price difference between the two versions so there'll be no penalty for purchasing the Lite version as soon as it's available.

Our reason for releasing the Lite version first is that users already have Iyonix PCs and will need Aemulor pronto! Also once we have a stable and released version of Aemulor out there for people to use we'll be able to spend a bit more time enhancing and optimising Aemulor Pro to get better performance without (I hope :wink: ) too much time pressure.

Adrian

peterb

Post by peterb » Tue Dec 17, 2002 9:40 am

adrianl wrote:There will be an upgrade offered from Aemulor Lite (the first released version) to Aemulor Pro which will be available later. The cost of the upgrade will not be more than the price difference between the two versions so there'll be no penalty for purchasing the Lite version as soon as it's available.
Thanks - that's what I was hoping to hear!
adrianl wrote:Our reason for releasing the Lite version first is that users already have Iyonix PCs and will need Aemulor pronto! Adrian
I appreciate that - I bought my Iyonix at the Midland show and would dearly have loved to bring away a copy of Aemulor too!