PC network MAC address?

Place for general questions about Aemulor not directly related to compatiblity.

Moderators: aemulor, admin

Richard Mellish

PC network MAC address?

Post by Richard Mellish » Sat Jan 11, 2003 11:55 pm

The latest posting in the pricing and availability forum says "You will need your Iyonix PC network MAC address". What is that and how do I find it?

Richard (having taken delivery of my Iyonix today)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jan 13, 2003 5:43 am

The MAC address of your Iyonix PC is just a number that uniquely identifies your Iyonix on any Ethernet network to which it is connected, in order to avoid conflicts with other machines on the network. This number is also used as the Iyonix's machine ID. Castle decided to use the same number as both, for simplicity.

There will be a small program on the Aemulor website which you can download and which will report the MAC address of your Iyonix.

Adrian

aemulor
Site Admin

MAC address

Post by aemulor » Mon Jan 13, 2003 1:42 pm

In the meantime, if you do a *EKInfo, this gives you the status information from the Ethernet controller, which includes the MAC address.

The MAC address is a 12-character string composed of six groups of 2 8-bit hexadecimal numbers (Eg. 00:01:AB:C0:20:BC)

Regards,

Neil.
Aemulor - the 26 bit ARM emulator for XScale

IanJ

Post by IanJ » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:17 pm

adrianl wrote: There will be a small program on the Aemulor website which you can download and which will report the MAC address of your Iyonix.
There's a link to a zip file that I see from "checkout.php" but the file received is ZERO bytes long. :roll:

IanJ

Post by IanJ » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:22 pm

IanJ wrote:
adrianl wrote: There will be a small program on the Aemulor website which you can download and which will report the MAC address of your Iyonix.
There's a link to a zip file that I see from "checkout.php" but the file received is ZERO bytes long. :roll:
Oh, and I should add, that entering the MAC address of my ethernet card didn't work either. :-( Ideas?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:39 am

Indeed. "Neil!" ;)

In the meantime, I've uploaded a copy to: http://adrian.aemulor.com/downloads/rmac.zip

The machine ID and the ethernet MAC address are only the same on the IYONIX pc, and only then for the on-board ethernet port. So you need the number of the above utility, in general.

Sorry for the inconvenience wrt the server problem.

aemulor
Site Admin

Post by aemulor » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:12 am

RMac.zip now fixed

Cheers,

Neil
Aemulor - the 26 bit ARM emulator for XScale