Aemulor Pro question

Place for general questions about Aemulor not directly related to compatiblity.

Moderators: aemulor, admin

If your favourite non-desktop game/app ran under Aemulor Pro, would you purchase the upgrade ?

Yes - regardless of performance
8%
Yes - if performance is equal to my previous hardware
17%
Yes - if performance is adequate to use the software
67%
No - I will continue to use my existing hardware for it
No votes
No - the upgrade is too expensive
8%
No - for some other reason I will post in this thread
No votes

Total votes: 12

aemulor
Site Admin

Aemulor Pro question

Post by aemulor » Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:31 am

Whilst we are putting the finishing touches to Aemulor Professional, I'd like to guage some opinions on the direction we are taking with it.

We are putting more effort into support non-Desktop apps, such as educational software, games, demos etc by adding IOMD/VIDC emulation in addition to the low-bpp screen modes.

Please reply to this post with any applications that you would see as ideal candidates for Professional, and complete the poll above.

Cheers,

Neil
Aemulor - the 26 bit ARM emulator for XScale

tonystill

Post by tonystill » Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:13 pm

I'd love to respond to the poll... so what do I click? Using O2 here, I can't say it's obvious.

Games - now if I could play Chocks Away 2-player via serial (Ethernet??) to my RO4 RPC, I would buy. But I'll buy it anyway so why does that matter :?

tonystill

Post by tonystill » Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:16 pm

S'funny isn't it? You post a message saying 'What do I click?' and, once it's submitted, a whole stack of radio buttons appear and it's bl**dy obvious what you have to click. They were not there before (honest). :oops:

tonystill

Post by tonystill » Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:18 pm

...and the clock hasn't made it on to BST yet. As if anyone cares. Good night.

aemulor
Site Admin

Post by aemulor » Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:35 pm

tonystill wrote:...and the clock hasn't made it on to BST yet. As if anyone cares. Good night.
I think times are always quoted in GMT...

Cheers,

/Neil/

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:00 am

aemulor wrote:I think times are always quoted in GMT...
I wish to propose a new time system whereby dates are either n BR (Before Release) or n AR (Anno Release) and, of course, I get to choose the exact conversion to 0 AR, thus ensuring that my code is never late.

BTW, who came up with 'Before Christ' and 'Anno Domini?'....suddenly a counter trips and a new language is spoken?!

[size=x-small]And the outdated language at that![/size]

tonystill

Post by tonystill » Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:54 pm

aemulor wrote:
tonystill wrote:...and the clock hasn't made it on to BST yet. As if anyone cares. Good night.
I think times are always quoted in GMT...

You'll tell me in a minute that that's why it says "all times are in GMT" at the bottom of the page :) Now, I could make some cheap jibe about UTC, or Drobe being in BST, but I'd probably be better just to admit that BST is somehow later than GMT and go quietly.

Have you fixed Eureka yet? :D :D

tlsa

Marsquake

Post by tlsa » Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:44 pm

Could you try Marsquake Boom: Deluxe version 1.14 with Aemulor Pro? It is available from http://www.cyplexia.demon.co.uk/redirect/mq.html. I will certainly get Aemulor Pro if it allows me to play network games of Marsquake with the Risc PC again. :) (I've not been able to play network games since our R140 died.)

tlsa

Strange website

Post by tlsa » Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:50 pm

If the above URL doesn't work, try http://www.cyplexia.demon.co.uk/mq.html and follow the "here" link.

Cheers,

Mike

ianhamilton

Post by ianhamilton » Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:05 am

MarsQuake Boom certainly runs with sound, not sure about the network side of things.

HTH,
Ian

acorndave

Would you buy Aemulor Pro if....

Post by acorndave » Sat May 01, 2004 5:08 pm

I'll definitely go with the majority here. I.e would buy it if it had sufficient performance. In fact I've been trying to buy it ! Available April ?....It's now May !

Software I would like to work with A- Pro

Darryl The Dragon
Flossy The Frog
Mouse in Holland

All Sherston's Talking (Naughty) Stories / Rhymes

Earthdata
Amazing Maths

!View (the desktop cobbled version by David Holden) - see free download page on www.apdl.co.uk

!65Host
DFS by Richard Averill
!6502em

DeepCopy II

sedm0784

Post by sedm0784 » Sun May 02, 2004 11:50 am

My favourite non-desktop app is probably Delerium.

Fifty quid's a bit much just to get a screensaver working. Hence my No, too expensive vote.

It's certainly possible my view would change if I thought of other apps I wanted to use, though.

aemulor
Site Admin

Post by aemulor » Sun May 02, 2004 1:14 pm

sedm0784 wrote:Fifty quid's a bit much just to get a screensaver working. Hence my No, too expensive vote.
Remember existing users get a reduced price upgrade of ?35+vat
sedm0784 wrote: It's certainly possible my view would change if I thought of other apps I wanted to use, though.
Well, there will be demo version available of both Aemulor and Aemulor Professional so you can try out your apps under both. Remember there is a compatibility database online here to see what apps we've tested so far.

Cheers,

Neil