Hearsay screen completely corrupted

For support of the Geminus screen acceleration feature
dave_daniels

Hearsay screen completely corrupted

Post by dave_daniels » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:18 pm

I have just bought the Geminus graphics acceleration product from you (version 1.31). I have found it completely corrupts the screen in David Pilling's application Hearsay. It does this all the time. I have found that if I close the Hearsay window and reopen it the contents are drawn correctly, but as soon as anything new is displayed the screen is corrupted again. What is going on here?

This is with RISC OS 5.11.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:59 pm

The most probable explanation is that it's a bug/oversight in the redraw cacheing code. It has been observed to give problems with other applications such as StrongED and for now the only solution is to disable redraw cacheing (the righthand tick box) for the affected application(s) in the Geminus configuration window after adding the application(s) as a special-case. See the 'Add application' menu of the Settings pane in GemConfig.

dave_daniels

Post by dave_daniels » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:19 pm

The 'choices' menu item is greyed out. I cannot change any of the settings.

dave_daniels

Post by dave_daniels » Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:39 pm

I am replying to my own message...

Geminus now claims that I am running the demo version of the graphics acceleration program yet I have bought a copy. I checked the 'my software' list on here for me and it is shown there. The MAC address is correct too. Any idea what is going on here?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:18 am

Make sure that you don't still have the demo copy lying around; if you installed it in the recommended location ($.!Boot.Choices.Boot.PreDesk) make sure that you only have one copy of Geminus in that directory, or if you've added it to the boot tasks using Configuration UI, as some people have done, then ensure that there's only one in there.

If you believe that you do not have a full (non-demo) copy of the software but have paid for it then you can return to the site and download again, or contact Neil if the site indicates that you do not have unlimited downloads of the full version. I am unable to check the website logs at present :(